Toledo Amman Hotel is the first independently operated hotel to receive the
"Green Key" eco-label
Environmental Activities at the Toledo Hotel
- We use water sub-meters to measure water consumption separately for hotel and kitchen areas. The areas are subdivided into sections.
- We measure water consumption for dish washers separately and compare results weekly.
- Rooms are fitted with low-flow toilets.
- Toilets in common guest areas are equipped with low flows.
- Water-saving shower heads and tap aerators are fitted in rooms and in restrooms in the common guest areas.
- The hallways are fitted out with LED lighting.
- Where possible, fixtures are fitted with energy-friendly light sources.
- All common guest areas and outdoor areas are equipped with dimmable light, night dimming units, motion sensor, timer control, and photo-cell.
- Lights are automatically turned on and off in all rooms via keycards.
- We depend on natural lighting wherever possible.
- We use LPG instead of diesel fuel for heating and cooking purposes.
- Electrical sub-meters are installed to monitor specified areas.
- Heating facility, pumps, etc. are BMS controlled.
- The hotel is fitted with double-glazed windows.
- Swimming pool and Jacuzzis are heated via solar panels.
- We collect paper in separate paper containers that are collected for reuse.
- We separate bottles and waste glass for later collection.
- We collect organic waste in separate containers to use as composte.
- We collect batteries, electronic scrap and light sources in special containers for delivery to recycling centre.
- We re-cycling cardboard, paper, metals, plastic, and glass.
- We primarily use organic dairy produce: milk, yoghurt, butter.
- Muesli and oatmeal cereals are organic.
- We are striving to minimize the volume of disposable packaging related to breakfast products.
- We do our best to use local made products.
- In addition to re-cycling cardboard, paper, metals, plastic, and glass, we send used cooking oils to a specialized re-cycling center.
- Dry bread is sent to a center that uses the bread for cattle feed.
- 30% of the guest rooms are non-smoking.
- We use environment-friendly cleaning agents.
- Our brand of toilet paper is environmentally friendly.
- We have put up notices in bathrooms, urging our guests to limit towel change.
- Duvets and pillows are allergy-friendly.
- Bed sheets are changed upon request.
Outdoor Areas :
- For weed control, we use organic chemicals (we never use herbicides).
- We collect garden waste and deliver it for composting.
- Where possible, we planted small trees and bushes that do not require a lot of water.
- Grey water from swimming pool and water softner system is used to clean driveways and garage.
Other Environmental Measures :
- We purchase energy-friendly electrical appliances and office equipment.
- We reuse copy paper as note paper.
- We always use both sides of paper for internal use.
- We provide information on public transport.
- We have launched a number of measures aimed at our staff.
- We have an active health and safety group.
- Old and damaged towels and sheets are used for public area cleaning.
- Smoking areas are designated.
- Information is provided for ECO tours.
- ECO consultant has been contracted for advice and bi-annual visits.
- Paint used to maintain the property is environmentally friendly.
**Better environmental practices during the renovation and upgrade of 2015-2016
For better light reflection
- Change furnishings and drapes to lighter colors
- Change wall colors to white
Reduce electricity consumption
- Change room lights to LED
- Install LED lights in the guest bathrooms
- Install motion sensors for guest room hallways
- Change all window panels for better thermal insulation and better climate control.
Reduce water consumption
- Replace all bath tubs with shower stalls
- Water Saver toilet.
- Install double switch for toilets
- Install shampoo/soap dispensers to reduce the use of disposable plastic toiletries
- air fresh Installation of fresh air vents in guest room hallways
- Arab Protection of Nature “APN”. Main task to create green areas.
- Royal Society for the Conservation of Nature “RSCN”. Contributes to natural reserves.
- Entity Green “EGT”. Collects all recyclable material for processing.
- The Royal Marine Conservation Society of Jordan “JREDS”. Contributes to marine conservation.
- Jordan Green Building Council “Jordan GBC” .Main task to create green building.