Earth Hour is a worldwide movement for the planet organized by the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF). The event is held worldwide annually encouraging individuals, communities, households and businesses to turn off their non-essential light for one hour, from 8:30 to 9:30 p.m. on the last Saturday in March, as a symbol for their commitment to the planet. It was famously started as a lights-off event in Sydney, Australia in 2007. Since then it has grown to engage more than 7000 cities and towns worldwide. Today, Earth Hour engages a massive mainstream community on a broad range of environmental issues. The one-hour event continues to remain the key driver of the now larger movement.
- Earth Hour Will Begin! What will you Turn Off?
- Light candles in preparation for Earth Hour.
- Using candles to create awareness and join us by avoiding unnecessary devices during Earth Hour.
- Welcome our guests with candle lights to participate in Earth Hour.
- Our goal is to remind and create awareness for this very important environmental event to combat climate change.